About the Position
Guggenheim Partners is seeking a smart, energetic and affable person to join its Paralegal team. Reporting to the Head of Legal Operations at Guggenheim Investments, this person will join a highly collaborative legal team and will be responsible for supporting various functions at the corporate level. In addition to meticulous attention to detail, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to proactively manage and track various open tasks and assignments independently and collaboratively, and work on a variety of time-sensitive projects. The successful candidate will have the ability to multitask, demonstrate foresight, take ownership and responsibility over their assignments, be a willing and eager team player, be highly responsive and efficient, have the willingness to learn and adapt in a very fluid environment and will assist the Head of Legal Operations as directed, including supporting attorneys within GI Legal.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Answer phones in a polished and professional manner and serve as a point of contact for attorneys
- Conduct research and compile data
- Handle and prepare highly confidential and time sensitive material with quick turnaround
- Track long term projects in an efficient manner
- Compile, review, and organize information for due diligence, compliance and meetings
- Prepare extensive PowerPoint presentations and Excel worksheets
- Compile, update, and maintain documents and records
- Perform ad hoc job-related duties and projects as assigned
- Arrange domestic and international travel
- Manage expense reports
- Coordinate calendars and conference calls
- Process invoices
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required, top-tier university and exceptional grades a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 3 years of experience in a corporate environment preferred
- Legal experience is a plus, but not required
- Excellent team player; collaborative, energized by the open exchange of ideas
- Strong attention to detail; accurate and organized
- Ability to multitask with a high reading level comprehension
- Proactive & solutions-oriented; patient, flexible and able to exercise good judgment
- Ability to work within a team and independently as needed
- Accountable, diligent with excellent time management skills
- Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top