Lateral Recruiting Associate
About the Position
Guggenheim Securities is seeking a lateral Recruiting Associate to join its Investment Banking division. This individual, who will report to senior IB management, will join a highly collaborative team responsible for all recruiting and talent management functions within the Investment Banking division. The lateral Recruiting Associate will primarily focus on the recruitment of lateral candidates and will own the entire process from candidate identification through candidate on-boarding. Applicants for this position should be client focused, organized and capable of acting as an ambassador for the Guggenheim brand.
This position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Oversee the lateral recruiting process for Investment Banking Analysts, Associates and Vice Presidents
- Implement strategies to source, recruit and hire top-tier candidates, which will directly contribute to the Firm's growth and business development goals
- Work in partnership with IB management to identify lateral talent needs and subsequently conduct efficient searches in conjunction with the applicable industry and/or product banking team
- Manage the lateral candidate recruiting cycle, including: candidate identification, interview coordination and logistics, candidate assessment/diligence, offer execution, sell process and on-boarding; ensuring along the way that each candidate experience is representative of the Firm's standards of excellence
- Develop and manage relationships with executive search firms and other industry organizations to promote the Firm and advise on lateral hiring needs
- Manage the tracking and reporting of all recruiting activity
Skills & Experience Required
- 1-3 years of recruiting experience within a financial services organization is preferred; prior Investment Banking experience is ideal
- Bachelor's degree required
- Highly organized, with the desire and ability to work independently
- Excellent client facing skills; capacity to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents
- Ability to adapt to changing situations with ease
- Results oriented, with the ability to work in a fast paced, client focused business
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative approach with strong relationship building skills
- Strong PC skills are required, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of and ability to use Workday a plus
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $250 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With 2,500 professionals based in over 25 offices in seven countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
1Assets under management are as of September 30, 2016 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top