IT Business Applications Senior Associate
We are seeking an IT business applications Senior Associate (SA) to partner with the IT business applications VP who is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution for technology needs of the Accounting, Finance and HR Departments. This role includes support and maintenance of our Workday implementation and development of new technical solutions.
The Applications job family is responsible for designing, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network systems and applications infrastructure. In addition, this group reviews system requirements and business processes and codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
Type of Role:
- Acts as team member, and administer and maintain the company’s HR and Financial information systems (Workday). Responsible for planning, requirements gathering, and implementing new functionality, modules or systems.
- Required expertise in HR systems implementation, and systems integration.
- Participate in the development and rollout of company policies and document processes as they relate to our accounting, finance and HR computer systems.
- Build and maintain relationships between IT and its business partners in Finance and HR.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Report to the IT applications VP, assist large and dispersed project teams and be accountable for own work product.
- Recommend standards, methodologies and techniques around software development and quality assurance.
- Assist in establishing policies and procedures and implement best practices.
- Recommend innovative solutions or best practices to solve the most complex or non-standard problems.
- Implement IT standards and strategies.
- Apply compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provide documentation as necessary, and participate in compliance activities as required.
- Ability to function independently, receiving high-level and/or strategic guidance from IT leadership or business leadership; able to self-direct, plan and execute work items and project tasks.
- Partner with managers, supervisors, professional employees and/or contractors.
Knowledge and Skills
- 3 – 5+ years supporting an industry leading HR software suite such as Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc., some of this experience should be in a mid to large size company.
- Strong subject matter knowledge in configuring and managing HR or Financial applications.
- 2+ year software integration.
- 2+ years hands on experience working with large software packages.
- Experience partnering with multiple teams.
- Team player able to work well with business teams and other IT teams.
- Act as an IT professional implementing and supporting business critical application software.
- Ability to recommend solutions to problems and align those solutions with business priorities.
- Participate in Q/A activities, including test strategies, test plan creation and test execution.
- Contribute to the execution of the technical roadmap of key programs and product initiatives.
- Improve the application’s teams technical capabilities by establishing and adhering to best practices.
- Manage the appropriate computing environments for the development and test teams to ensure the teams are using the correct tools and environments.
- Contribute to the strategy for applications performance processes.
- Ensure that software and products meet and exceed internal standards and customer expectations.
- Assist with researching and navigating new vendor products and identifying what products are needed to address/fix applications.
Behaviors / Competencies:
(note: bolded behaviors are those prioritized for development focus)
- Creativity & Innovation
- Critical Thinking
- Oral Communication
- Customer Focus
- Knowing the Business
Typical candidates will possess at least 3 – 5+ years of relevant experience and a BA/BS degree
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top