Investment Research Strategist
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional investment strategist to join its research group. Reporting to the Head of Macroeconomic and Investment Research, this person will join an experienced research team responsible for helping to formulate and communicate the firm's macro and asset allocation views. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience publishing original research and interacting with portfolio managers, analysts and product distribution professionals at an investment management firm or major investment bank. The candidate will publish regular sector outlooks and white papers, which will incorporate primary research as well as regular discussions with senior portfolio managers and analysts. The candidate will be required to generate best trade ideas across sectors, perform relative value analysis and advise on optimal asset allocation, and must be comfortable conveying recommendations to senior decision makers.
The strategist role presents an opportunity to join a collaborative global macro research team that works closely with the firm's Global Chief Investment Officer and plays a critical role in developing the firm's views. The position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Coverage of structured credit (Consumer ABS, RMBS, CMBS); commercial real estate debt; corporate credit (Investment Grade and High Yield); bank loans; U.S. government and agency debt; U.S. municipal debt; and equities
- Working closely with Thought Leadership to publish regular investment commentaries and white papers, including Guggenheim's quarterly Fixed-Income Outlook and the High Yield and Bank Loan report
- Maintaining monthly and quarterly client commentaries and presentations
- Advising on optimal asset allocation
- Assisting in the training and development of junior staff
- Briefing the Global Chief Investment Officer on a wide range of topics
- Communicating market views to senior investment and product distribution professionals
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, accounting, finance or related discipline
- Advanced degree in economics, math, finance and/or CFA
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated analytical capability (Haver, Bloomberg) and financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to produce outstanding investment research for an external audience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Proactive, solutions-oriented and innovative
- Responsive to client needs
- Collaborative and energized by the open exchange of ideas and constructive criticism
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top