Investment Performance Associate
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an organized and detail oriented candidate to join its Performance team. Reporting to the VP of Performance, this person will be part of Guggenheim Investments middle office responsible for investment performance reporting processes for diverse portfolio strategies including fixed income, equity and derivative assets. They will also provide investment performance analysis and support to Portfolio Management, Marketing, Distribution as well as internal consultants and other business partners. In addition to strong problem solving skills, the ideal candidate will be extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to interact with various departments and levels of management within the company.
The Investment Performance Associate role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the ‘hub’ of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office. Limited travel may be required for this role.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Provide investment performance analysis and reporting for Clients, Portfolio Management, Distribution, Marketing, Research and other business partners across Guggenheim Investments
- Calculate and compile investment performance and characteristics information required to populate consultant marketing databases and client reports
- Partner with Distribution and Marketing teams to prepare data for marketing presentations and requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Work closely with other members of Operations to create efficiencies, improvements and resolve upstream issues associated with performance returns
- Prepare and analyze daily performance reports for portfolios containing diverse assets classes for senior management
- Respond to internal/external ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with other team members on the implementation of new performance system including parallel process testing
- Perform project work as required
- Produce composite reporting based on the requirements and recommendations of the Global Investment Performance Standards GIPS®. Assist with the annual GIPS® Verification efforts
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics
- At least 2-6 years of investment performance and/or investment accounting experience preferred
- CFA, CPA and/or CIPM designation preferred
- Sound understanding of equities, fixed income securities and derivatives
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Demonstrate an ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Must be hands-on and be willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top