Investment Banking Analyst-Structured Products Origination
ABOUT THE POSITION
Guggenheim Securities, the Investment Banking division of Guggenheim Partners, is seeking an Analyst to join its Structured Products Origination team. Structured Products is a core focus area at Guggenheim, and the firm is a market leader in providing its clients with a broad range of financing solutions using securitization technology applied to a variety of non-traditional asset classes, including franchise royalties, IP rights, billboards, aircraft, tax liens, cell towers, venture debt and others.
Guggenheim ranks as #1 underwriter of Non-Traditional Asset-Backed Securities, with over 30 transactions executed since 2014. The team is also the most active underwriter of Whole Business Securitizations, having sole structured and placed over 90% of new issue WBS over the past 18 months, including transactions for Domino’s, Wendy’s, Dunkin’ Brands, Dick Clark Productions, Adams Outdoor Advertising, Dine Equity (IHOP/Applebee’s) and Hooters. The role will be located in the firm’s New York office.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Work directly with the group’s senior professionals and be involved in all aspects of SPO transactions across a variety of non-traditional asset classes (no sector specialization)
- Prepare marketing presentations, term sheets, and rating agency materials
- Model securitization transactions backed by various types of esoteric assets
- Run cash flow scenario analyses for investors and issuers
- Review certain sections of transaction documentation
- Tie out the models and collateral characteristics with accountants, Intex and other parties
- Conduct market research and industry review projects for new asset classes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree required
- Current position as an analyst in a structured products or related group at a major financial institution or top tier accounting firm
- At least one, but no more than three years of work experience
- Experience with cash flow modeling of ABS, CLO or other types of securitized products required
- Strong quantitative skills; Microsoft Excel modeling experience required, familiarity with VBA preferred
- Familiarity with legal documents a plus
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must successfully pass a background check
- This is an FLSA Exempt role.
ABOUT GUGGENHEIM SECURITIES
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top