Investment Accounting Associate
About The Position:
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its investment accounting team as an Investment Accounting Associate. Reporting to the Head of Accounting Analysis, this person will be responsible for analyzing security level accounting information for all client portfolios including books and records used to calculate performance returns and the maintenance of GAAP and Statutory book information across all asset classes. The ideal candidate will have a background in insurance investment accounting and specific statutory and internal reporting requirements.
This role presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in Chicago.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain, review and analyze GAAP and Statutory accounting information for investment activity and security transactions including fixed income, equity, derivative securities for all client portfolios assigned in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review security level accrued income and cost basis information to ensure that securities and their related transaction activity is accurately captured in the Accounting System.
- Maintain fluency with current regulatory and accounting guidance changes to ensure that values in the accounting system are accurate.
- Assist in the review of asset recoverability and quarterly impairment recommendations
- Review cash flows on Structured Securities and perform yield analysis to support accurate book values and inputs into centralized impairment process.
- Effectively communicate accounting decisions and policies to other groups within the firm, including: Portfolio Managers, Sector Team Leaders and Operation Teams.
- Work with client service representatives and on-boarding team to ensure that portfolio and security level accounting characteristics are correct at the point of initial account set-up.
- Monitor and record in-kind transfer activity in the accounting system.
- Review and process the up-load of security book value information into the Investment Book of Record.
- Actively participate and contribute to initiatives that generate greater accuracy in accounting information and processing efficiencies.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree and CPA or CFA with at least 3-5 years' experience in financial services and investment accounting
- Experience with the PAM investment accounting system a plus
- Sound working knowledge of fixed income and equity securities and an understanding of derivative accounting including Interest Rate derivatives, Equity derivatives and Credit derivatives.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately
- Problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
About Guggenheim Investments:
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top