Institutional Distribution Compliance Director
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a self-directed, experienced candidate to join its growing Institutional Compliance team. Reporting to the Head of Institutional Distribution Compliance, the Compliance professional will be a point person for the day-to-day compliance needs of Guggenheim Investments' Institutional Distribution team which encompasses sales and marketing, client services (for SMAs) and investor services (for funds) and will provide compliance support on key areas such as product and strategy distribution and sales initiatives.
The successful applicant will work closely with compliance colleagues in the U.S., Europe and Asia to ensure coordinated compliance coverage for the Institutional Distribution team, and will be responsible for providing advice on cross-border distribution and marketing efforts, distribution technology initiatives, controls and policies. This position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist in ongoing development and support of our global compliance program for Institutional sales;
- Serve as a liaison for GIPS, represent Institutional Compliance at GIPS Committee Meetings and provide regulatory compliance advice to the GIPS Committee when required;
- Develop and review regulatory policies, procedures, and assist the business with developing or reviewing desktop procedures for the business;
- Attend meetings and hold ad hoc discussions with the business to understand new marketing initiatives; offer compliance guidance, and determine compliance related impacts to global distribution of advisory services and products including separately managed accounts (for clients including but not limited to public pension plans and ERISA plans), 3(c)(7) private funds, UCITS funds, QIFs, and CLOs;
- Advising sales and distribution teams on cross-border marketing rules and local marketing regulations in U.S., Europe, Middle East, and Asia markets;
- Attend client meetings as required to discuss compliance initiatives;
- Support the Head of Institutional Distribution Compliance in reporting on distribution matters to senior committees and management, and in communications with regulators;
- Advise on the continual development of appropriate procedures to manage and mitigate regulatory risk;
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and new rules, assess their impact and ensure appropriate action is taken in areas that impact Institutional Distribution/client communications;
- Provide relevant training on regulatory issues which may have an impact on the business;
- Ensure that Compliance policies and procedures are updated to meet the needs of Institutional Distribution and when regulatory changes arise;
- Work closely with the firm's registered broker dealer compliance to stay coordinated on initiatives;
- Continuously assess compliance risks and effectively communicate risks and suggestions for improvement to colleagues/department leaders and business unit leaders.
Skills & Experience Required
- 6-10 years of Compliance experience within investment management;
- Strong knowledge of the Investment Advisors Act of 1940, advertising and marketing related rules;
- Working knowledge of FINRA Advertising Rules and Regulations;
- Working knowledge of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) helpful, but not necessary;
- Experience reviewing cross-border marketing activities and familiarity with distribution rules in the U.S., Europe, Middle East, and Asia;
- Strong analytical skills, personality combining energy, enthusiasm, resilience, tenacity and diplomacy;
- Ability to comprehend regulations/legal documents and apply learnings to processes to strengthen the compliance program and enhance business growth.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top