Institutional Distribution Analyst, Relationship Management & Client Service
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Analyst to join its Institutional Distribution, reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Global Head of Institutional Distribution. The Analyst is a key contributor to client satisfaction and client retention; and therefore, has outstanding personal skills. The primary responsibility of the individual will be to provide dedicated client service to institutional clients to keep them informed and content, as well as support the business development efforts of the team globally. We are seeking an energetic, self-starter who can demonstrate strong communication and analytical capabilities.
The position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Deliver superior customer service by proactively managing client needs and requests.
- Perform research that will help us develop new business or support our ability to better serve our existing client base.
- Support business development by coordinating and tracking prospect meetings, and requests, client meetings, sending out marketing materials, etc.
- Build/Update/Refine Excel models, templates, charts including research on potential clients, existing client portfolio data, charts for marketing materials and other performance and market detail.
- Light analytics such as ad hoc calculations on portfolios (average quality, average coupon).
- Preparation of client reports and other monthly/quarterly deliverables. Monitoring of portfolios.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting with Operations to resolve any issues.
- Support all areas of our marketing efforts.
- Assist with projects that have a high level of strategic impact
Skills & Experience Required
- Undergraduate Degree required, preferably with concentrations in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 0 – 4 years of experience in financial services industry.
- Technical foundation to grasp various fixed income investment strategies.
- Must be willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Located in Santa Monica office.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top