IG Junior Trader
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an IG Junior Trader to support the teams that manage the investments relating to several life insurance companies. The IG Junior Trader will support the activities of client companies and will contribute to the objectives of Guggenheim Insurance Services. The position will be responsible for corporate bond portfolio management strategy, and for assisting clients to risk manage their positions. This position is based in our Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Manage orders and trade flow in a logical manner to achieve efficient execution and reduced transaction cost
- Monitor market activity and provide feedback to portfolio managers
- Deal with day-to-day administrative issues in support of trading activities and liaison with trading operations
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields from a top tier University
- 2-4 years total work experience in financial services
- Investment Grade corporate bonds trading preferred
- Demonstrated experience with finance and accounting principles
- Should be familiar with, and have knowledge of, the creation, organization, and retention of transaction documentation
- Strong quantitative and computational skills, including MS Access, and SQL; advanced financial modeling skills strongly preferred
- Team oriented individual
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Exceptional ability to manage tight timelines in a stressful environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to market challenges
- Strong intellectual capacity and analytical mindset
- Well organized, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to detail
About Guggenheim Insurance Services
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top