Hedge Fund Accountant
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Hedge Fund Accountant to join its Accounting team. Reporting to the Fund Controllers, this person will join a highly collaborative team and assist the Fund Controllers with responsibilities for completing the month end financial close process, preparing monthly financial statements, overseeing the fund administrator, assisting in year-end audits, reviewing tax information, and performing other responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned from time to time. The successful candidate will have accounting experience in the financial services space and be comfortable interacting in a team-based environment.
The Hedge Fund Accountant role presents an opportunity to be involved in all accounting aspects for hedge funds. The position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Prepare monthly closing package to support the calculation of the Fund's NAV including working with an external fund administrator when necessary
- Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparties and investors
- Coordinate investor transactions including subscriptions and redemptions
- Prepare month-end investor statements
- Monitor expense budgets and accruals
- Understand and have the ability to discuss governing documents of the Fund (PPM, LLC agreement, subscription documents, etc.)
- Coordinate with external auditors on agreed-upon procedures work and annual audits/financial statement preparation
- Coordinate with external tax preparers in the tax return and K-1 process
- Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures
- Interact with senior management, corporate accounting, internal operations, analysts and legal department
Skills & Experience Required
- BS/BA required
- Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- 2-43 years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience; exposure to hedge fund, private equity, mutual fund, CLO, or similar accounting is a definite plusrequired
- CPA Strongly Preferred
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top