Head of Investment Performance
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to lead the Investment Performance team for Guggenheim Investments. Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Services, this person will be responsible for providing all aspects of investment performance and attribution analysis while working with executives across Portfolio Management, Client Services, Marketing, Operations and other business partners.
This position is located in Chicago and limited travel may be required.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Lead the investment performance and attribution teams for Guggenheim Investments including multiple investment strategies with investments in bank debt, structured credit, bond, equity, alternative and derivative asset classes
- Provide oversight for the firm’s compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) including relationship with outside third-party verification firm
- Develop efficient production processes and controls to ensure investment performance and characteristics are calculated accurately and available on a timely basis
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with executives across the firm including Portfolio Management, Client Services, Marketing, Operations and other business areas
- Work closely with other members of Operations to ensure that performance returns are accurately captured at both the security and account level
- Own performance calculation systems and seek opportunities to improve the reporting capabilities of the performance team including developing advanced fixed income attribution capabilities
- Respond to ad hoc requests while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure business needs are met efficiently and accurately
- Develop and monitor key operational metrics in order to improve production schedules and mitigate operational risk
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with CFA and/or CPA preferred
- At least 10 years of financial services experience and more than 5 years in team leadership role including investment performance and attribution
- Significant experience with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) is required with CIPM certification preferred
- Strong understanding of multiple security types including bank debt, structured credit, bonds, equity and derivative securities
- Ideal candidate will have intimate knowledge of performance, attribution and composite tracking systems including StatPro and/or BI-SAM
- Advanced Excel skills and excellent track record with data management and system interfaces
- Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Demonstrate an ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Must be a hands-on leader that is willing to roll up their sleeves and mentor more junior staff members while leading the team
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top