Guggenheim Investments Full Time Analyst Program, Buy Side: Insurance Investment Team
About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking bright, highly motivated individuals to join its Investment Analyst one year training program. Candidates should be top performers with strong technical backgrounds who are willing to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. The position will report to a Managing Director on the Insurance Investment Team in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop competency in various fixed income and equity concepts and products.
- Research current market themes and credit trends within sectors and maintain relevant statistical data as necessary.
- Develop spreadsheet models and quantitative analyses of primarily fixed income portfolios.
- Effectively communicate with investment professionals across Guggenheim Partners' various investment groups.
- Build applications to meet the risk management and portfolio construction needs of the team.
- Interact with marketing, investor relations, client valuation teams and trade settlement groups.
- Review periodic client reports for accuracy.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong technical background, experience with VBA programming, data filtering and quantitative background is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision.
- Record of success as part of a team or group effort.
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately.
- Understanding of accounting and basic bond math via basic coursework or experience.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Excel VBA and PowerPoint. Bloomberg or programming experience a plus.
- Degree in Financial Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics, preferred.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Expected undergraduate graduation date of December 2017 - June 2018.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top