About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking an exceptional FX/Derivatives Trader to join its Funding team. Reporting to the Head of Funding, this person will be responsible for all aspects involved in FX and derivatives management and execution. The position will require trade execution, position monitoring, risk management, and reporting, as well as constant communication with portfolio managers, sector heads, trading counterparties and operations. The ideal candidate will be an investment professional with excellent communication skills, strong aptitude in math, and exceptional attention to detail. The FX/Derivatives Trader position is located in Santa Monica.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Execute FX spot, forward trades, cross currency swaps, and currency options trades, taking into account the best way to implement these trades and minimizing transaction costs
- Manage rolls and FX share class hedging programs
- Develop, implement, and monitor risk metrics and reporting around derivatives, FX trading, and portfolio impacts
- Maintain relationships with trading counterparties
- Provide support and analysis on the implementation of trading initiatives around risk and regulatory requirements
- Liaise with operations on day to day flow as well as process improvement
- Coordinate with PMs and operations on management of cash
Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive understanding of trading FX, both developed and EM
- 3 – 6 years of FX experience on the buy side
- BS/BA with strong academic background
- Progression toward CFA Charter a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding finance, economic, business, and math skills
- Exceptional MS Excel (VBA/SQL), and Bloomberg skills
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Proactive & solutions-oriented; innovative
- Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
- Responsive to client needs
- Collaborative, energized by the open exchange of ideas
- Strong attention to detail; accurate
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top