About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional individual to join its Fund Administration team within the Office of the Funds' CFO. This person will be responsible for processing and analyzing expenses, preparing financial statements, preparing regulatory filings, responding to audit requests, and producing reports for Guggenheim closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds, and open-end mutual funds. In addition, this person will assist with reviewing shareholder reports that have been prepared by the funds' third-party service provider. The successful candidate will have experience in the financial services industry and be comfortable interacting with all levels of management in a team environment.
The position is located in the firm's Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Prepare annual and semi-annual financial reports.
- Prepare fund expenses, including allocation, review and analysis.
- Prepare information for various regulatory filings, including registration statement form N-1A, forms N-SAR, N-CSR, 24f-2, etc.
- Assist external departments in the creation of prospectuses.
- Prepare deliverables for fund audits and respond to auditor requests during examinations.
- Perform quarterly IRS and SEC compliance testing.
- Complete various third party fund surveys and ad hoc requests.
- Assist in new fund setup including acquisition of CUSIPs and ticker symbols.
- Complete other departmental duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of one year in Accounting or financial services industry or relevant accounting or financial services internship experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Deadline and detail orientation.
- Strong computer, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate issues affecting assigned funds.
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top