Fixed Income Portfolio Construction (Senior Associate)
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional, versatile investment professional to join its Fixed Income Portfolio Construction Group (“PCG”). Reporting to the Head of Strategy of PCG, this person will work broadly across multiple teams involved in the investment management process to provide quantitative and analytical services in support of institutional accounts and intermediary funds.
He/ she will interact as needed with Portfolio Management, Trading, Sector Research, Marketing & Distribution, Operations & Reporting, and Risk Management on anything from asset allocation and investment strategy to performance attribution, risk analytics, client presentations, or any other area where assistance is required. The PCG Senior Associate will be called on to use strong modeling ability, communication skills and creativity to constantly improve processes that enhance portfolio management. The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting across functions and levels in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
The overall success and growth of Guggenheim’s Fixed Income investment business has created the need to expand our Portfolio Construction Group. This role presents an opportunity to enjoy direct exposure to and interaction with all aspects of the institutional investment process while gaining insight into our investment approach, dedication to research, and deep understanding of risk.
The position is located in the New York office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Partner with the Head of Strategy of PCG to enhance efficiency and performance of portfolio management through:
- Quantitative analysis, research, and model building
- Programming and process design to improve day-to-day execution
- Model portfolio development for new & existing clients
- Technical research of regulatory developments (affecting insurance and pensions, for example), financial markets, & related analytics relevant to fixed income & equity sectors
- Support marketing and business development efforts as needed, such as contributing to marketing or finals presentations, engaging in consultant reviews, or providing other ad-hoc expertise regarding portfolios, GIPS composites, benchmarks, peer groups, etc.
- Serve as a liaison across diverse functions to contribute to PCG strategic initiatives involving risk management, performance reporting, data governance and development of enhanced analytics
- Develop architecture for IT platforms in partnership with Reporting and Operations to produce integrated performance and characteristics reporting for client and internal executive use
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS required, with degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Actuarial Science, or Math/ Engineering preferred; MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant investment management experience
- Deep understanding of fixed income analytics across various sectors, e.g. Treasuries, Agencies, Corporates, High Yield, Bank Loans, Munis, ABS, C/RMBS
- Strong quantitative, analytic, financial modeling and programming ability, ideally in VBA; familiarity with BlackRock Solutions and Bloomberg software desirable
- Familiarity with front and back office investment management processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to interact well with both internal teams and external clients
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Highly analytical, strategic, and lateral thinking
- Intellectual curiosity and horsepower; the ability to process and pivot quickly given new information
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach to solving problems; can do/ will do attitude
- Excellent perception and judgment; leadership and influencing skills
- Detail-orientation combined with flexibility; high value for accuracy
- Synthesizes, identifies and communicates what’s important from complex data
- Personal drive & determination; comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Goal-orientation; a business owner mentality with the ability to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Client-service (internal and external) orientation; a “facilitator” by instinct who thrives on helping others achieve shared goals
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top