About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Finance Team in Topeka, KS. The organization has agreements with third party intermediaries that provide for revenue sharing, shareholder servicing and 12b-1s payments across mutual fund, exchange traded funds, and variable insurance products and share classes. The Analyst will be responsible for submitting invoices for processing and creating the necessary accruals and true-ups for the accounting close. In addition, the Analyst will prepare reports or schedules in connection with the firm's operating expenses with a focus on third party arrangements or distribution operating expenses.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Review and analyze invoices to ensure the billing terms align with the agreement in effect
- Identify discrepancies based on contractual terms and proactively resolve
- Complete the payment request form with supporting documentation, obtain the necessary approvals and submit to Accounts Payable for processing
- Prepare accruals and true-ups for month end close process with an understanding of structure and interdependencies of legal and regulated entities
- Communicate new or amended contract terms to other team members and summarize the terms into a database
- Assist in the preparation of schedules or analyses as requested by Boards or senior management
- Report monthly financial results
- Work with Accounts Payable or accountants to research, resolve or improve financial data workflows.
- Support Finance team as projects are assigned
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in accounting, finance or business management
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant finance experience; experience in asset management is strongly preferred
- Results oriented individual with a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
- Demonstrate a clear ability to understand and translate data into a clear and accurate message to target audiences
- Able to prioritize appropriately and operate successfully in a regulatory and deadline-driven environment while maintaining a strict attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and research skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative; critical thinking and commitment to constant improvement of processes and procedures
- Self-motivation; works independently and with a high degree of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Mastery in Excel (Pivots, and VLOOKUP's), proficient skills in Word, Hyperion and SharePoint
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top