About the Position
A global financial services firm is seeking an experienced attorney to join its team. This person will report to a Managing Director in the Legal Group and will work on a wide variety of matters, with a focus on transactional and investment work. In addition to strong structuring, negotiating, contract interpretation and other core legal skills, the ideal candidate must have a financial background and an understanding of credit issues, bankruptcy and restructuring. This position presents an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment on challenging legal matters while being involved in a growing and entrepreneurial business. The position is located in the firm's New York Office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Identifying, analyzing and communicating key issues to assist in the evaluation of potential credit investments
- Providing legal advice and counseling in connection with monitoring existing investments, including special-situations and restructurings
- Structuring and negotiating a variety of transactions including, but not limited to, debt financings, acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
Skills & Experience Required
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school
- 5+ years finance industry experience
- Intimate familiarity with credit documentation including, but not limited to, credit agreements, bond indentures and intercreditor agreements
- Strong problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and critically analyze various issues associated with sophisticated investment arrangements and debt transactions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Innovative, proactive & solutions-oriented
- A resilient self-starter with exceptional people skills
- Able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the industry in which GPIM operates
- Willing to take on a broad variety of tasks to accomplish project specific goals
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top