Equity Research Associate - Specialty Pharmaceuticals
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join as a sell-side Equity Research Associate covering the Specialty Pharmaceuticals sector. This person will be responsible for following the progress of public/private Specialty Pharmaceuticals companies and making stock recommendations to institutional investor clients. In addition to financial modeling skills, the ideal candidate will have interest in equity research, specifically in the Healthcare and Specialty Pharmaceuticals sectors.
The Equity Research Associate role is ideal for someone with a passion and background in both science and investing who wants to become better skilled at applying their knowledge towards generating good investment ideas. The position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Analyze individual Specialty Pharmaceuticals companies and market trends to build fully integrated financial and valuation models. Conduct primary research through industry sources including, but not limited to, financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, company management and strategies
- Prepare regular written research reports that summarize the findings of their analyst including estimates of expected current year business results
- Write comprehensive research reports and present findings; draft reports/notes on relevant investment themes, events and breaking news
- Provide support to the Senior Analyst through fundamental analysis and investment recommendation in equity markets with an emphasis on original, bottom-up research in the Healthcare sector
- Organize physician calls for investors and investor events
- Write reports in response to daily news flow. Keep analyst up-to-date on important news and keep financial models and files updated
- Update analyst marketing handout, regularly
- Interview physicians and company executives
- Interact with Firm's institutional sales force and investor clients
- Respond to client and internal inquiries regarding research findings and directives
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum 1 year modeling experience
- Interest in equity research, specifically healthcare and/or Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Understanding of the capital markets, stock markets, and a passion for investing
- Proficient writing skills, including the ability to succinctly and clearly explain complex information
- Prior experience conducing deep primary research, analysis and expertise to draw conclusions from data
- Exceptional understanding of the three primary financial statements, how they relate to each other, and how to build models within excel for forecasting
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are critical. Must have excellent communication skills and a personal style conducive to building relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast- paced, deadline-driven environment with a proven commitment to turning in consistently high quality work as a self- starter
- Strong teamwork orientation, unquestionable honesty and integrity, intellectual curiosity and dedication to providing the best products to clients
- Ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
- Obtain series 7 and 63 licenses within 3 months of hire; 86 and 87 licenses within 6 months of hire
- CFA designation or progress toward certification is a bonus but not required.
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $260 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,300 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
1Assets under management are as of March 31, 2017 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $59 billion.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top