Equity Research Associate - Exploration & Production
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a qualified candidate as a sell-side Equity Research Associate in Oil & Gas, Exploration and Production in our New York Office. This person will be responsible for following the progress of public and private E&P companies and supporting the Senior Research Analyst. In addition to excellent writing, financial modeling and communication skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate high aptitude for gathering and synthesizing relevant primary market data. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a willingness to conduct ongoing independent market research and related industry networking. The ability to convey an investment message through a written research report is key to the success of this hire. The successful candidate will have experience within, or related to, the Energy industry and be comfortable interacting with company management teams or in a client-facing environment.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Analyze individual E&P companies and market trends; conduct primary research, including but not limited to, financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, company management, and strategies
- Prepare regular written research reports that summarize the findings of analysis, including financial forecasts
- Write comprehensive research reports and present findings; draft reports/ notes on relevant investment themes, events, and breaking news
- Provide support to the Senior Analyst through fundamental analysis with an emphasis on original, bottom-up research in the E&P sector
- Contribute to building valuation models
- Update analyst marketing handout regularly
- Interact with the Firm's institutional sales force and investor clients
- Respond to client and internal inquiries regarding research findings and directives
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum 2 years experience within equity research, corporate or investment banking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must have series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses or obtain 7/63 licenses within 3 months of hire and 86/87 within 6 months
- Fluency in modeling financial statements, including forecasting product revenues; familiarity with discounted cash flows, valuation, and net present value calculations; ability to analyze large sets of data to determine trends and strong conclusions
- Comfortable with large data sets and reporting
- Understanding of the capital markets and stock markets, and a passion for investing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to successfully convey investment messages, ideas, or nuances to team members, salespeople, and/or traders
- Outstanding analytical skills; ability to conduct deep primary research, analysis, and draw conclusions from information
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and style conducive to building relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast- paced, deadline-driven environment; self-starter with a proven commitment to producing high quality work
- Team oriented, unquestionable honesty and integrity, intellectual curiosity, and dedication to providing clients with the best products
- Ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top