Equity Derivatives Associate
About the Position
The Guggenheim Enhanced Equities team manages over $10bn of equity derivative portfolios for life insurance companies. In addition, the group is responsible for a number of strategies utilizing equity derivative instruments. We are seeking an assistant portfolio manager to support various aspects of derivative portfolio management activities, as well as business development efforts. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Conduct periodic risk monitoring, portfolio rebalance and performance attribution
- Conduct quantitative research and be instrumental in the design and testing of new strategies across various asset classes including back testing and statistical analysis
- Act as key liaison between portfolio managers and members from other internal divisions (operations, compliance, legal, I.T., etc.)
- Act as key liaison between portfolio managers and external parties (broker-dealers, 3rd party service providers)
- Initiate and implement enhancements to existing portfolio management processes and procedures
- Participate in various firm-wide product and business development related initiatives
Skills & Experience Required
- MBA or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar analytical background is required
- Must have strong background in Excel and familiarity with VBA
- Prior experience (2-4 years) in portfolio management, research or trading for an asset management firm, investment bank, hedge fund or insurance firm is preferred; working knowledge of equity derivatives is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work independently. Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as proven time management skills
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top