About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional economist to join its research group. Reporting to the Head of Macroeconomic and Investment Research, this person will join an experienced team of economists and investment strategists responsible for helping to formulate and communicate the firm's macro and asset allocation views. In addition to expertise in the areas of macroeconomic and policy analysis, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a fluency with statistical modeling techniques. The successful candidate will also have experience with foreign exchange markets and sovereign credit risk analysis and be comfortable developing investment recommendations and communicating them to senior decision makers.
The economist role presents an opportunity to join a collaborative global macro research team that works closely with the firm's Chief Investment Officer and plays a key role in developing the firm's views. The position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Developing macroeconomic models and forecasting economic indicators
- Conducting independent research on varied macroeconomic and investment themes
- Briefing the Chief Investment Officer on a wide range of topics
- Building and maintaining complex sovereign credit risk models
- Developing sovereign credit, foreign exchange and global rates views and communicating them to senior investment professionals
- Covering economic, political, policy and market developments in Europe and Latin America
- Contributing to thought leadership content published for an external audience
- Assisting in the training and development of junior staff
Skills & Experience Required
- Advanced degree in economics, math, engineering or finance
- At least 7 years of industry experience
- Foreign language skills, familiarity with sovereign risk analysis, and regional expertise including Europe and Latin America
- Demonstrated analytical capability and financial modeling skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Haver DLX and Bloomberg
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Proactive, solutions-oriented and innovative
- Responsive to client needs
- Collaborative and energized by the open exchange of ideas and constructive criticism
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top