Director, ETF Business Development
About the Position
The Director of ETF Business Development is part of a strategic team that is focused on building and protecting the ETF business line. Working with the Head of ETF Business Development, the individual will focus on managing external ETF business relationships, facilitating business and market opportunities with our key platform and index providers and lead ETF training and education efforts.
Serving as an expert in the ETF industry, the individual should be knowledgeable of current industry and competitor developments and current product-line strategies. The Director will be a crucial participant in the distribution of ETF strategies, industry speaking engagements, and enhancing ETF home office distribution relationships in conjunction with the Strategic Partnerships Group.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Work with the Head of ETF Business Development to manage business relationships with all external and internal entities including index providers, exchanges, market makers, authorized participants, distribution partners
- Position the firm’s ETF strategies in context of the firm’s thought leadership, market views and investment process to both internal and external audiences
- Work with sales organization to create ETF sales strategy that will increase ETF revenue growth across multiple channels
- Partnering with the Strategic Partnership Group, participate in due diligence and research meetings
- Collaborate with sales team in advisor and client meetings to highlight our ETF strategies
- Serve as thought leader for ETF product line at events and in media
- Ensure high-level of service to ETF clients and prospects
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance or Business)
- MBA, CIMA, CPWM, CAIA or CFA preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of experience within a financial brokerage or investment management environment in a sales capacity
- Current FINRA Registrations (Series 7, 63, 65, and/or 66)
- Enhanced problem solving abilities, analytical abilities, and familiarity with investment strategies
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Informed and conversant across a broad range of topics
- Energetic, self-motivated, positive attitude, goal-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Technical skills should include experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top