About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional attorney to join its legal team as a senior advisor to Guggenheim Partners Investment Management (GPIM), with a focus on derivatives products. This position involves close coordination with portfolio managers, risk management, legal and compliance colleagues and industry organizations. In addition to strong derivatives industry knowledge, analytical abilities and solid communication skills, the ideal candidate will have the ability to synthesize industry trends and advise on how GPIM needs to adapt and respond. The successful candidate will formulate a strategy and vision of global regulatory initiatives on derivatives, funding, collateral, cash management, and counterparty risk that will ultimately impact GPIM managed portfolios. This position presents an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment on challenging business matters. The position will be based in New York or Santa Monica.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Reviewing, analyzing and negotiating various trading agreements including ISDAs/CSAs, Futures Agreements and Cleared Derivative Addendums, GMRAs, MRAs, MSFTAs, MCAs, account control agreements, custodial undertaking agreements, prime brokerage agreements, confidentiality agreements and other related miscellaneous agreements
- Tracking and updating status of agreements under negotiation and maintaining internal master agreement database
- Providing guidance on, and ensuring adherence to, various ISDA protocols through IHS Markit on behalf of a broad client base, including mutual funds, private funds, insurance companies, endowments and pension funds
- Researching, analyzing and summarizing applicable regulations (Dodd-Frank, EMIR, etc.) and performing thorough analyses to identify affected clients and portfolios
- Partnering with business and other teams to monitor US and global regulations related to derivatives transactions and related activities and implement changes to process, oversight and documentation accordingly
- Significant involvement in industry initiatives and, where appropriate, represent the firm's interests with various industry organizations (SIFMA, ISDA, etc.) in the analysis or implementation of industry developments
Skills & Experience Required
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school
- 6-10 years of derivatives industry experience
- Deep derivatives industry knowledge, with up to date knowledge on regulatory and risk environment
- Strong problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and critically analyze various issues associated with sophisticated investment arrangements and transactions
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Innovative, proactive & solutions-oriented
- A resilient self-starter with exceptional people skills
- Able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the industry in which GPIM operates
- Willing to take on a broad variety of tasks to accomplish project specific goals
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top