Derivatives and Financing Business Analyst
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a Derivatives and Financing Business Analyst to join its Rates and Funding team. Reporting to the Head of Rates and Funding, this role will be focused on the business analysis, project design, implementation, and oversight necessary to continue to build out a scalable, risk managed derivatives and financing platform incorporating new financial market regulations.
The position is located in Santa Monica.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Strategic focus on the impacts of regulatory initiatives on balance sheet, collateral and cash management, exchange traded derivatives, funding requirements, counterparty risk management, and the ultimate resultant impact to GPIM’s clients and portfolios. This will include quantifying total costs, understanding and helping to implement the necessary changes to trading documentation, trading processes, and portfolio construction.
- Continue to develop and refine GPIM’s derivatives and financing capabilities, working closely with business, legal, operations, and risk to ensure an organized and consistent approach across the organization.
- Management of counterparty risk business terms in documentation and relationships with risk officers at counterparties. Working closely with the internal risk management group to identify and track related counterparty risk.
- Significant involvement in industry initiatives, including continuous dialog with counterparties and industry groups such as SIFMA, to be forward thinking and attuned to issues that will impact derivatives, collateral, money markets, and funding.
- Propose, drive, and implement solutions and processes in the management and support of market structure changes and regulatory initiatives.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong understanding of derivatives, short-term, and financing markets and associated instruments
- Significant understanding of the global regulatory environment as it relates to derivatives, financing, and MMFs
- Proven ability to lead and influence various teams and projects at all levels of an organization
- Solutions oriented with a very strong attention to detail
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Collaborative and self-starter
- 7-10 years of experience
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top