Database Data Analyst
About the Position
Guggenheim Insurance Services is seeking a detailed and self-driven individual to join the data management team as a Database Data Analyst. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President Data Management and Application Analysis, this individual will work in a highly collaborative team responsible for the delivery of an integrated data warehouse and data transformation programs. The Analyst will focus on managing the current data warehouse, including ongoing daily support of production process, development and maintenance of the current data model for the data warehouse, and key support of reporting strategy, data governance standards and data quality. The position is a hands-on role responsible for analyzing and understanding business needs in order to translate needs into developed requirements and approach, and facilitate the implementation of the solution, with a key focus on continued development and improvement of the data model as well as and testing and support.
The position is located in Indianapolis IN.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Involvement in the design of the data model for specific data subjects, analyzing the data, development of the requirements, including the initial technical design and working with developers through implementation. Must maintain focus on designing solutions that balance system flexibility, accuracy, and fast processing time.
- Coordinates the technical development with IT for all database applications, including data transformation programs, data warehouse, and operational data stores, and delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- Implements data quality rules to ensure that all data sources are consistent and accurate.
- Leads testing of all database applications, data warehouse, and data transformation programs.
- Manages the development and implementation of the data governance capabilities into the database solutions and coordinates efforts with Data Governance team.
- Develops detailed prototypes to help flush out requirements and provide the end-users improvements in their process.
- Works directly with business users and IT to assist in support of the systems and solutions. Balances the timely support of the production environment with the longer term delivery of ongoing maintenance and enhancements.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in Math, Computer Science, or Finance or experience commensurate with degree
- Minimum of 5-8 years of data management experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Experience managing multiple and complex projects
- Experience starting a data warehouse project and seeing it through completion
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills, and ability to clearly articulate complex information to others
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and solve problems and issues of all types
- Ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all departments and affiliates to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles
- Working knowledge database development and modeling (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Working knowledge of VB, Java, R, and/or C Sharp preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Ownership and accountability for deliverables
- Accomplish goals and objectives
- Results and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and execute under pressure
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Intellectual curiosity, forward-thinking
About Guggenheim Insurance Services
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top