Data Specialist – Fixed Income Insurance Portfolio Management
About the Position
The Data Specialist candidate will be responsible for supporting the insurance portfolio management team by developing and enhancing portfolio management tools, preparing and reviewing portfolio and client reports, analyzing risk and compliance data, coordinating portfolio and data-related activities with the Operations and Trading teams, and assisting with various portfolio management and business development objectives to support the growth of Guggenheim Investments. The position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist senior portfolio managers in managing client portfolios via the design and development of reports and portfolio management "tools" using Microsoft Excel and other internal or third-party systems.
- Monitor portfolios on day-to-day basis to ensure compliance with client guidelines, adequate cash management, and other guidelines as set forth by clients and senior portfolio managers.
- Generate and review portfolio analytics and conduct analyses of insurance portfolios performance with focus on return, yields, duration, etc.
- Develop, prepare and review the on-going production of portfolio summary reports for management.
- Collaborate with Operations and Trading teams to enhance Portfolio Management tools and processes as well as ensure data is accurate and available for use
- Assist in portfolio monitoring and surveillance efforts.
- Work with portfolio managers on various investment projects to identify and assist in the development and implementation of best practices.
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or Math/Engineering/Computer Science strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with very strong Excel/spreadsheet skills (VBA)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in fixed income investment management, fixed-income related capital markets, or fixed-income analytics.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Experience with Blackrock Aladdin/ANSER platform strongly preferred. Additional experience with Bloomberg, CitiGroup YieldBook, and other fixed income analytic systems is a plus.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top