About the Position
Guggenheim Partners Investment Management (“GPIM”) is seeking an exceptional credit analyst to join its Risk team. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, this person will join a highly collaborative team of risk professionals responsible for the administration and implementation of the risk management program within GPIM. In addition to possessing exceptional analytical skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to understand complex dynamics associated with highly structured credit transactions, loan covenants, conditions, and guidelines which may be imposed upon a borrower. The successful candidate will have material experience with credit underwriting and analysis and be comfortable interacting with Sector Managers/Traders as well as Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit and other Executive staff within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
The credit analyst role presents an opportunity to further expand the internal control environment within GPIM. The position will have responsibility for working with investment staff during the initial drafting of loan terms and credit covenants, finalizing compliance guidelines or conditions which must be satisfied by the borrower(s) through the performance of the loan, and monitoring the performance of the loan relative to contractual terms and conditions.
The position is located in [Santa Monica, Chicago, NYC].
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Provide assistance with the identification and application of loan terms and covenants for new private credit transactions
- Work with investment teams to identify appropriate loan terms and conditions
- Establish regular process to review and confirm borrower is operating within stated loan terms and covenants
- Standardize the monitoring process (potentially through the development of a set of standard templates) to facilitate clear and transparent reporting
- Responsible for the review of loan terms, covenants, and lending stipulations associated with private credit transactions consummated between GPIM, client accounts we represent, and the ultimate borrower(s)
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience with creating secured lending policies and procedures
- Credit underwriting experience
- Proven experience with creating and understanding complex financial models
- Experience with investment and credit risk compliance programs, policies and procedures
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Proven experience understanding complex loan arrangements
- Work collaboratively with senior investment, compliance and legal staff when required
- Able to work independently
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top