Client Services Engineer
Guggenheim Partners is seeking a highly motivated Systems Engineer to join the Desktop Engineering Team. The candidate will be responsible for the 3rd party application lifecycle, automating workflows, documentation, enterprise workstation management, project management and level 3 support. This person will be required to use exceptional communication skills to interact with geographically distributed teams of varying knowledge levels, while collaborating on incidents and projects. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of 5 engineers in Chicago and New York.
This position is located in New York.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Split time approximately 40:60 between project based work and support based work; split may change depending on workload.
- Overseeing the entire desktop environment
- Assess, Package and deploy software, including adhering to our packaging standards and change management process
- Maintain SME level knowledge on various desktop and mobile products and technologies
- Respond to level 3 break fix incidents
- Work on projects that include multi-tier application review, onboarding and maintenance.
- Work with application vendors regarding application compatibility for upgrades and migration projects.
- Create and maintain testing and integration documentation for packaged applications.
- Create and maintain scripts and automation in VB Script, PowerShell, AutoIT & other tools
- Evaluate and recommend End User hardware & software for current and future business needs.
- Schedule upgrades and migrations with users, maintain change management data, complete the upgrades in deployment system, facilitate and track feedback from the users post-rollout.
- Create end user documentation and training material for IT Staff
- Support incoming application incident and request tickets.
- Use various systems for data extraction - including SQL, PowerShell, SysTrack, and Altiris - to compile, produce, and distribute custom reports.
- Work on other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Be the liaison between 3rd party IT vendors within area of responsibility and IT staff
- Share a rotation / on-call nights and weekend support
Skills & experience required:
- Expert level troubleshooting skills, including ability to capture problem details and document steps to resolution.
- Thorough knowledge of software deployment processes including, documentation configuration, packaging, testing and implementation
- Experience with system management tools such as Altiris, SCCM, SysTrack or similar.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft OS, desktop applications, networking and Microsoft enterprise services (Active directory, Windows server, DNS, DHCP,GPO, etc)
- Strong understanding of Industry best practices for desktop and mobile security.
- Good written documentation skills and demonstrable experience of documenting systems and procedures.
- Passion for providing outstanding support for inbound incident tickets, as well as foresight to assess risk and scale.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to interact with users of varying technical skill levels.
- Strong project management skill with some experience leading projects
- Ability to work independently and without the need for supervision, as well as collaboratively within the team and across various IT groups and business units.
- Detail-oriented individual who can manage his/her own time.
Skills & experience that would be a plus:
- Knowledge of SQL queries and report builder conventions.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft MDOP tools (MDT, MBAM, DART, etc)
- Windows 10 Deployment
- VDI implementation experience
- Experience in Financial sector preferred.
- Certificate and Certificate Chain Authority
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top