Class of 2018: Guggenheim Investments Investment Analyst – Buy Side (Macroeconomic and Investment Research)
About the Position
We are seeking bright, highly motivated individuals to join Guggenheim Investment's Investment Analyst one year training program. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
The position is located in Santa Monica, California.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop competency in various fixed income and equity concepts and products.
- Assist the Macroeconomic and Investment Research team with market research across various sectors, including Corporate Bonds, Bank Loans, Residential and Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS and CMBS), Municipal Bonds, and Equities.
- Assemble current market data for the development of monthly outlook slides that are distributed within the firm and to institutional clients.
- Assist in the production of presentation materials for portfolio strategy meetings attended by senior investment professionals that include portfolio managers, sector managers, and the global chief investment officer.
- Research current market themes and credit trends within sectors and maintain relevant statistical data as necessary.
- Undertake individual projects as requested by the Macroeconomic and Investment Research team or the global chief investment officer, and summarize and present research findings to senior professionals.
- Build and maintain relationships with sell-side research providers to gather competing market views.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Bloomberg or programming experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision.
- Record of success as part of a team or group effort.
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects appropriately.
- Understanding of macroeconomics via basic coursework or experience.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Expected undergraduate graduation date of December 2017 - June 2018.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top