About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an attorney to join its team. This person will report to a Managing Director in the Legal Group and will work on a wide variety of matters, with a focus on transactional and investment work. In addition to strong structuring, negotiating, contract interpretation and other core legal skills, the ideal candidate will have a financial background and an understanding of credit issues, bankruptcy and restructuring. This position presents an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment on challenging legal matters while being involved in a growing and entrepreneurial business. The position is located in the firm's New York Office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Identify, analyze and communicate key issues in order to evaluate potential investments
- Provide legal advice and counseling in connection with monitoring existing investments, including special-situations and restructuring analysis
- Structure, negotiate and close transactions; including debt financings, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, partnerships
- Conduct operational, financial and legal due diligence
Skills & Experience Required
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school
- NY Bar preferred
- 0-2 years of practical experience at top law firm or in-house experience
- Strong problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and critically analyze various issues associated with sophisticated investment arrangements and transactions
- The ideal candidate must be practical and possess sound judgment and self-confidence and be willing to find a practical solution to business and legal questions
- Ability to work diligently in an environment of short deadlines with accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with senior management
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Innovative, proactive & solutions-oriented
- Able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry; must be resilient
- Responsive and hungry to deliver results
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top