Associate, Capital Markets Syndicate
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking a highly analytical, detail-oriented professional to join as Associate in Capital Markets Syndicate. The Capital Markets Syndicate Group serves as the hub across the firm's capital markets mandates, connecting a wide variety of spokes, both external (including issuers and investors) and internal (including Sales, Trading, Origination, Operations, Research, and senior management). The Capital Markets Syndicate Group remains at the center of a transaction at all times, stays continually connected with all parties in the transaction, and exhibits organization and leadership throughout the process.
The successful candidate will acquire a mastery of our product offerings, a deep understanding of accounts' investment criteria, and encompass a strong personality to be a connection point in the transaction. The Capital Markets Syndicate Group has the privilege of being privy to all information and all aspects of the business, which gives it an advantageous perspective that is essential to the firm. The Associate role presents an opportunity to serve as the liaison between the Banking and Sales teams in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment.
The position is located in New York.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Coordinate between origination bankers and the sales force to optimize the efficiency and process of each transaction, including;
- Amassing and cataloging investor feedback from the sales teams
- Ensuring that orders are received and inputted into the order system
- Serving as a resource to discuss the transaction's structure, underwriter, status, and idiosyncrasies
- Coordinating any other logistics related to the transaction e.g. roadshows, IT systems, accounting/reporting, etc.
- Monitor secondary and new issue market activity daily
- Prepare for transaction prior to announcement, including targeted investor lists, materials, and other relevant information
- Manage all feedback, IOIs and orders from accounts during the marketing process
- Provide daily internal recap on the progress of the deal
- Acquire sales feedback on current transaction, and catalogue for reference for future deals
- Perform post-deal analysis e.g. breakdown by investor type, sales, and other relevant metrics
- Identify areas for improvement around data management, reporting, and internal systems
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years exposure within Capital Markets, ABS and CLO product expertise a plus
- Prior Syndicate or ABS Banking experience a plus
- Ability to collect, synthesize and translate large sets of data in a timely manner
- Strong quantitative skills; Microsoft Excel modeling experience required, familiarity with VBA, MS Access, and/or IPREO preferred
- Proven experience interacting directly with senior level management
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or have
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; self-starter with a proven commitment to producing high quality work
- Proactive and solutions-oriented; innovative
- Learning agile, able to adapt quickly and appropriately in accordance with the constant evolution of the company and industry
- Responsive to client needs
- Collaborative, energized by the open exchange of ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain professional manner at all times, both internally with other Guggenheim colleagues as well as externally with clients and other counterparties.
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $260 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,300 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
1Assets under management are as of March 31, 2017 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $59 billion.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top