Analyst / Assistant Portfolio Manager (Bilingual Japanese/English Preferred)
About the Position
Guggenheim Investments is seeking an Analyst to assist Investment Grade Portfolio Manager in the day-to-day portfolio management and reporting for a diverse set of corporate credit fixed income strategies. Candidates should be top performers with strong technical backgrounds who are willing to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. Ideal candidates will have at most 3 years of experience, strong Microsoft Excel skills, and interest in fixed income markets.
This position is located in our Santa Monica, CA office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist with day-to-day portfolio management tasks – maintain portfolio and risk summary reports, evaluate new issue and secondary market opportunities, manage cash balances, etc.
- Prepare monthly performance and attribution reports for internal discussion
- Support business development efforts by creating market overview presentations, assisting with client conference calls and answering portfolio questions
- Develop competency in various fixed income strategies
- Research current market themes and credit trends within sectors and maintain relevant statistical data as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with investment professionals across Guggenheim Partners' various investment groups.
- Review periodic client reports for accuracy.
Skills & Experience Required
- BA/BS from top tier College/University, with minimum graduating GPA of 3.3
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in Japanese language is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Bloomberg or programming experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision.
- Record of success as part of a team or group effort.
- Familiarity and/or interest with fixed income markets, specifically corporate credit and structured credit.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top