About the Position
Guggenheim Partners is seeking an exceptional Administrative Assistant to support two executives in a fast paced environment. The position involves travel planning, calendar maintenance, expense submissions and event coordination. The ideal candidate must exercise excellent judgment, have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate strong customer service and professionalism while owning the work that is provided.
The assistant will be involved in communicating with teams across the firm as well as with others outside the firm to plan, calendar, organize and follow up on events for the executives. In addition, no job will be seen as too big nor too small and they have to be someone willing to offer assistance when they have additional time. A professional demeanor is required as they will interact with senior level executives, external clients, and vendors. This candidate must be able to work as a team and have the confidence and motivation to complete work independently with little supervision.
This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
Specific Responsibilities Include
• Coordinate, plan for, and ensure all materials and other preparation are complete to ensure successful calls, meetings, and trips, including
o Manage schedules for on- and off-site meetings
o Assist with internal and external meetings and conference presentations
o Prepare and develop PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and dashboards as directed
o Arrange meeting preparation and participation: prepare agenda in advance and arrange meeting facilities; act as recording secretary (prepare action minutes if applicable); provide back-up data prior to meetings/calls
• Manage complex calendars, recording those events which require the executive's presence
• Manage schedules for phone calls as well as on and off-site meetings
• Coordinate all travel arrangements including preparation of trip briefing book and feedback/follow-up log
• Assist with event planning including email correspondence, phone calls, material preparation and communication with the research team (events range from in-office webinars to 1:1 client meetings to large conference presentations and media interviews)
• Assist executive with managing deadlines for incoming requests and take action as needed
• Create and manage a contact database, using salesforce.com, to track contacts and additional follow up that might be required
• Prepare mailings/FedEx Shipments
• Create and submit expense reports including pre-authorization requests
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
• Print documents as requested
• Assist with technology as needed
• Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner
Skills & Experience Required
• At least 2+ years of related administrative experience; C-Level executive exposure strongly preferred
• Experience within financial services required
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
• Strict attention to detail while able to prioritize issues appropriately
• Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high-level executives
• Strong computer skills include, but are not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
• Organized, detail-oriented and extremely thorough
• Must be a hands-on and willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top