About the Position
Guggenheim Partners is looking for an exceptional ABS Trader to join the Santa Monica office. As an ABS Trader, you are responsible for maintaining market coverage, sourcing investments, and executing primary and secondary trades in ABS and CLOs. Responsibility for ensuring best-execution for all trades, as well as intermediating, aggregating and disseminating market information to sector team, PMs, and management. Managing new issue orders. Resolving simple and complex trade and settlement issues. Reviewing and supporting daily and monthly pricing and accuracy of analytics. Responsibility for conforming to desk norms and protocols concerning behavior, attendance, communication, staff training and mentoring.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Trade ABS and CLO in primary and secondary markets
- Maintain up to date knowledge of market conditions, flows, and primary new issuance across ABS and CLO markets
- Maintain dialogue and constructive relationship with Wall Street dealers to maintain access to new issuance and market information flow.
- Aggregate market information and data to develop presentations to senior management, sales and marketing, and clients regarding market conditions and pricing.
- Understand structural terms and relative value framework for Research potential ABS debt investments to include Aircraft, Containers, Royalty, Whole Business, Auto, Credit Card, Consumer Loans, Commercial Receivables, Future Flows.
- Ensure best execution for all desk trading activity. Provide documentation and support for compliance and audit functions.
- Determine high-interest security types. Communicate high-interest opportunities to central allocations to gauge client demand.
- Monitor markets for potential investments, liquidity, relevant market color and trends, communicating important observations within group and to other key stakeholders within Guggenheim.
- Support pricing, reconciliations and operations groups.
- Supervise complex settlement issues.
- Act as primary point of contact for broker-dealers, maintaining strong relationships in an effort to source attractive investments and enjoy liquidity.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3-5 years in research, analysis, structuring and/or trading of ABS and CLOs
- MBA and CFA or equivalent educational background.
- Experience with industry standard tools including Intex and BlackRock Solutions
- Strong credit, finance, economic, business and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task across analytical, administrative, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner.
- Strong commitment to performance and accuracy of work product.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top