2018 Guggenheim Securities Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program
The Investment Banking Analyst Internship Program
Our internship program is a 10-week program designed for students interested in pursuing a career in investment banking and are looking to determine whether Investment Banking is right for them and get exposure to a variety of investment banking products and sectors. The program includes formal training, mentoring programs, networking and social events, community service events and a strategic advisory project that provide our interns with a unique experience and invaluable look into our culture and the investment banking business.
Interns become important members of our deal teams and work as a junior analyst on a variety of interesting strategic advisory and financing-related transactions and assignments. You will have meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives as well as the ability to create meaningful relationships with junior bankers.
Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
We are seeking bright, highly motivated individuals with solid finance knowledge coupled with strong technical skills that are looking to jump-start their career through hands-on training and experience at a growing firm. The Investment Banking unit will source most of its full-time analyst class from the internship program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support deal teams in developing, maintaining and using financial models
- Perform financial and valuation analysis such as discounted cash flow analysis, multiple valuation analysis
- Perform company and industry research and gain in-depth understanding of sector trends, client challenges and strategies in order to develop innovative and creative solutions for our clients
- Prepare client presentations and interacting with senior bankers, clients, lawyers and accountants
- Develop an in depth understanding of Investment Banking product and services: Debt, Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions and Restructuring
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interest for problem solving and client service
- Resourcefulness, intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in finance
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work under pressure as a part of a small team with top company executives and senior management
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to multitask and work with limited supervision as a member of a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Word. Familiarity with Thomson/Factset and Bloomberg
- Prior experience as an investment banking, private equity or corporate finance intern is a plus
- Core modeling and valuation experience is a plus
- Must be on track to receive a Bachelor's degree in December 2018 or Spring 2019; major in finance / economics or a related field is a plus
- Must successfully pass a background check
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners, a global investment and advisory firm. Guggenheim Securities offers services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Financing, Sales and Trading, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Chicago, Boston, Houston, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top