2018 Guggenheim Securities Equity Capital Markets Summer Analyst
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Equity Capital Markets (ECM) group is responsible for originating and executing public and private equity and equity-linked offerings while partnering with traditional investment banking coverage teams. At Guggenheim, ECM includes public equity origination (Initial Public Offerings, Follow-on Offerings, Confidentially-Marketed Public Offerings, Registered Directs, and PIPEs), convertible product origination and execution ("equity-linked"), equity derivatives and private placements for privately-held companies. Members of the ECM team work with corporate clients to identify capital needs and determine the optimal structure and execution strategy to best meet the issuer's objectives. Guggenheim Partners' investment banking unit is seeking candidates to join its equity capital markets team in the New York office. Guggenheim offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small client teams on a variety of capital markets/corporate finance assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. We are seeking bright, highly motivated individuals with solid equity, equity-linked and/or market knowledge coupled with strong excel and modeling skills.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Analyzing industry and company-specific information, including detailed research and analysis of financial statements.
- Work directly with the group's senior professionals and be involved with all aspects of ECM transactions
- Create marketing materials across all ECM product types
- Analyze industry trends and market dynamics
- Preparing client presentations and interacting with senior bankers, clients, lawyers and accountants.
- Involved in all aspects of deal execution
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Interest in macro-economic market trends and themes
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a part of a small team with top company executives and senior management.
- Must be pursuing Bachelor's degree in finance/economics or a related field
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Extensive familiarity with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Word. Familiarity with Thomson/Factset and Bloomberg a plus.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
ABOUT GUGGENHEIM SECURITIES
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top