2018 Guggenheim Investments Investment Analyst – Buy Side
About the Position
We are seeking bright, highly motivated individuals to join Guggenheim Investment's Investment Analyst one year training program. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop competency in various fixed income and equity concepts and products.
- Research current market themes and credit trends within sectors and maintain relevant statistical data as necessary.
- Identify and evaluate securities for potential investment or sale.
- Prepare credit memoranda on potential purchases and existing investments.
- Effectively communicate with investment professionals across Guggenheim Partners' various investment groups.
- Perform due diligence on Investment issuers and managers via third party research, meetings and conference participation, which may require occasional domestic travel.
- Build applications to meet the risk management and portfolio construction needs of the broader organization.
- Interact with marketing, investor relations, client valuation teams and trade settlement groups.
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic and ad-hoc exposure and performance reports for management
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed with limited supervision.
- Record of success as part of a team or group effort.
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately.
- Understanding of accounting via basic coursework or experience.
- Strong technical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Bloomberg or programming experience a plus.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Expected undergraduate graduation date of December 2017 - June 2018.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Darrin heads Guggenheim’s Cross-Functional Project Team in the Chicago Office. He focuses his energies on high-priority management, operations, and sales distribution investment projects.
Back to top