2018 Guggenheim Investments Full-Time Operations Analyst Program
Guggenheim Investments (GI) is seeking bright, organized and detail-oriented undergrads to join its Operations team for the 2018 Full Time Operations Rotational Analyst Program. The GI Operations team provides vital business support for Guggenheim's diverse and complex investment portfolio strategies. The team's responsibilities are vast - including trade confirmation, security setup, custodian reconciliation, investment accounting, investment performance measurement and client reporting – just to name a few. This position is based in Chicago.
Starting in June 2018, the program begins with a business introduction, which includes an overview of Guggenheim Investments and Operations. Analysts will rotate through multiple roles during the year. Rotations include, but are not limited to: trade support, data integrity, pricing, corporate actions, reconciliation, performance, client reporting, investment accounting, and client onboarding.
Candidates should be top performers who are willing to embrace an entrepreneurial environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm are highly valued.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Master the day to day responsibilities of each assigned rotation while learning the business of investment operations across many diverse asset types
- Introduce ideas and improvements for existing processes, with a focus on process control and scalability
- Assist team members in all aspects of their operational projects and duties.
- Ensure that all data produced by functional areas is accurate, consistent and timely and that appropriate service levels are met in all internal and external delivery requirements and any issues are resolved on a daily basis
- Liaise with various departments to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Coordinate and collaborate with groups across the firm to centralize requests and streamline communication.
- Accounting or Finance Major/Minor, preferred.
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Desire to learn about Finance, Investment Management and Operations.
- Exemplary analytical skills and keen attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Exceptional speaking, listening and writing skills.
- Team oriented with the ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products with a particular emphasis on Excel.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4 year undergraduate program with the expected graduation date of April-June 2018.
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Meet Some of Guggenheim Partners's Employees
Investment Research Analyst
Maria works on the Macroeconomics and Investment Research Team in the Santa Monica Office. She analyzes financial trends to help Guggenheim identify optimal investment solutions and monitor risks for their clients.
Back to top