2017 Guggenheim Securities: Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Program
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking candidates to join its Sales, Trading and Strategy team for a 10-week Summer Analyst Program. This exciting program offers an unparalleled opportunity to work alongside senior leaders within Equities and Fixed Income starting with classroom training. Summer Analysts can expect to rotate through three of the following groups: Credit, Equity, Macro and Structured Products. This intimate program offers unmatched exposure to senior professionals within Fixed Income and Equities. Candidates will also be asked to participate in group presentations during each rotation.
This internship is a part of Guggenheim’s Corporate Intern program, which includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, networking and community service outreach events. As an Summer Analyst, you will also be exposed to senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop knowledge of capital markets and responsibilities of specific business lines
- Attend group meetings and understand product offerings
- Provide overall support for members of your assigned desk
- Engage in ad hoc projects to support engagement with investing clients
- Respond to requests for data and research
- Interact with internal partners across business units
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized; ability to adapt to changing situations with ease
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and numerical skills
- Interest in the financial markets
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Fast decision making skills, mental discipline, ability to solve problems under pressure and learn new concepts quickly
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Should be a current Junior undergraduate student (estimated graduation Dec 2017-June 2018)
- Must successfully pass a background check
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top