2017 Guggenheim Investments: Operations Spring Semester Intern
About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking organized and detail oriented candidates to join its Operations team for a Spring Semester Internship starting in late August. The Operations Intern will assist with projects across the operations department including reconciliation, trade operations, data integrity, pricing, reporting, accounting, and performance.
This internship presents an opportunity to join a team that sits at the ‘hub’ of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company and is a wonderful way to get hands on experience in backroom operations. The internship is located in the Chicago office.
Interested candidates should be attending an undergraduate program in the Chicago area and be able to work at least 20 hours during the week.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Assist team members with the performance of their operations duties
- Perform daily reconciliations to ensure that the portfolio management and investment accounting systems accurately reflect investment positions and cash levels
- Assist to ensure that all positions are accurate and reconciled with custodians and other external parties as well as across multiple internal systems including BlackRock Solutions, Wall Street Office, e-PAM, Sophis, TriResolve and others as needed
- Assist with implementing formal processes that ensure reconciliation processes meet standards established by internal and external auditors including SAS 70 procedures
- Assist with the compilation and organization of documentation and data to assist with the reconciliation of complex asset classes
- Assist on projects with teams from Trade Operations, Reporting, Data Integrity, Accounting and Portfolio Management
- Pro-actively work to develop processes and procedures related to the assigned portfolios
Skills & Experience Required
- Accounting or Finance Major/Minor, preferred
- Desire to learn about Finance, Investment Management and Operations
- Exemplary analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Exceptional speaking, listening and writing skills
- Team oriented with the ability to work well with diverse groups
- Willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure the success of the team
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4 year undergraduate program and have completed at least two years
- Must be able to work in downtown Chicago at least 20 hours a week throughout the spring semester
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Back to top