Wireless Network Engineer
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Oct 14 2019
As an experienced member of the Network Operations Team, this wireless network engineer will perform the necessary support to our internal customers, project teams, and design teams. This will include the implementation of approved designs, design review/consultations, and most importantly support the daily operational tasks for the Enterprise WLAN/MAN/LAN/WAN environment. The Engineer is responsible for all aspects of operating GSK's network, while providing technical leadership and expertise to a diverse team of IT professionals.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Devise, plan, deploy, and troubleshoot wireless networks from implementation to Operations by collaborating with vendors, end users, and other technical teams
- Serves as a SME in providing tier III level support to internal and external users in troubleshooting and in network deployments
- Develop and utilize automations to evaluate, test, and validate wireless performance, quality, and reliability
- Implement policies to help classify and manage wireless access levels to protect network systems security and follow best practices
- Configure and install enterprise level network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, WLAN controllers, wireless access points, load balancers, WAN optimizers, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services, lead and/or engage in Service Restoration and Root Cause Analysis Activities as required and identify opportunities for internal process enhancement
- Monitoring of support ticket queues and implementation of Business as Usual (BaU) customer requests
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Create, maintain and update documentation on all networking processes and procedures
- Provide advanced technical support during business hours and non-business hours on a rotating on-call basis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4+ years experience in a network engineering role,
- Extensive knowledge of IP subnetting and wireless technology
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting - SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Wireshark, Cisco ISE
- Experience with Cisco routers ISR/ASR series routers
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst switches - 3850, 4500, 6500
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches - 2K, 5K, 7K, 9K
- Solid understanding of routing protocols OSPF & EIGRP
- Solid understanding of layer 2 protocols STP, RSTP
- Extensive knowledge implementing and supporting DNS, SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS, SYSLOG
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Experience with Load Balancer (LTM/GTM) technologies (F5 preferred)
- Experience with WAN Acceleration technologies (Riverbed preferred)
- Team leadership experience in a virtual global team a plus.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols mBGP & ISIS
- Experience with Cisco SD-WAN, IPSEC, GRE
- Experience with access control list (ACLs), VRF, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Thorough understanding and 2+ years' experience configuring IPSEC VPN, DMVPN, SSLVPN, or GET/VPN
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top