Windows Solutions Engineer
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Nov 6 2019
Are you looking to expand your expertise in systems support in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
As a Windows Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of technical solutions that will address the global needs across all GSK business units where successful design has strong financial implications for GSK. The purpose of the role is to design, implement and/or code client user computing solutions that meet the needs of the business, integrate with the existing GSK infrastructure, and align with the stated strategic direction of the user computing environment within GSK. The Operations Engineer will report to the Manager PC Hardware & Solutions and accept direction and guidance in delivering the role requirements.
This is a collaborative role, functioning as part of a multi-disciplined team, focusing on providing support and solutions for the Frontline Operations PC Operations team. This will include liaising with business units, industry peers and 3rd Parties to gather requirements, benchmark, and assess needs for appropriate business solutions to be developed.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Design solutions that are cost effective, robust, and globally scalable
- Work with global stakeholders to define technical deliverables based on customer business requirements and act as a lead for PC solutions
- Technically implement solutions either by coding them yourself or working with our strategic partners.
- Ensure new solutions and services meet regulatory, risk and security requirements
- Document solutions according to GSK standards
- Act as a customer and vendor technical liaison
- Act as a subject matter lead in support of problem management troubleshooting and solution creation
- Help influence enterprise-wide client computing standards
- Act as a lead in support of development opportunities across IT
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Strong skills in Microsoft Operating systems and PC hardware and software configurations
- Expert technical knowledge of the Windows 10 operating system
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable client computing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to use several/all of the following Server and Desktop Programming Tools/Applications (PowerShell, C++, C#, ASP.NET, VBScript, VB.NET)
- Knowledge of enterprise end user client computer solutions
- Knowledge of enterprise-wide client computing
- Experience in working with IT service owners and 3rd Party solution providers to develop service or improve process performance
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's degree and demonstrated experience or 10 years of demonstrated experience in similar role
- Experience and track record in continuous improvement and cost management
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and influencing skills, as well as networking capabilities within IT organization
- Proven experience using Database solutions (SQL/Oracle)
- Work experience in a regulated environment
- Some experience working in a complex global organization
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top