VP - Clinical Development- Cell Therapy (Oncology)
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Jan 27 2020
Are you a pharmaceutical physician executive with broad experience in clinical drug development from launching FTIH studies to the regulatory filing of a drug candidate in order initiate competitive development programs? If so, this VP position In GSK ONC R & D fouces in Cell THearpy may be ideal for you to explore.
GSK Oncology is in an exciting and expanding transformation in response to a significant increase in GSK's early and late stage medicine development volume in Oncology. This transformation has resulted in a rapidly expanding portfolio of clinical development assets requiring both strong scientific and clinical development expertise and leadership skills for influencing internal and external stakeholders. In that regard, GSK seeks four (4) new Vice Presidents to support each of Cell therapy, Immuno-Oncology, Cancer Epigenetics and Oncology Genetic Medicine. These positions report to the SVP - Oncology Clinical Development.
GSK Oncology R&D is focused on building industry-leading portfolios in three cutting-edge areas of science:
- Immuno-Oncology: Invest to develop differentiated assets and combinations in increasingly crowded IO space.
- Cancer Epigenetics: Take a more focused approach, pruning some existing assets while maintaining efforts in discovery and clinical development of most promising programs
- Cell Therapy (CGT): Utilize competitive platform play based on patented technology
- Genetics:Inhibiting pathways that contribute to aberrant DNA repair
For more Information on GSK Oncology, please visit: https://us.gsk.com/en-us/careers/a-career-in-oncology/
The VP- Clinical Development - Cell Therapy will be accountable for all aspects related to the development of the clinical assets in the Cell Therapy portfolio. The VP-Development - Cell Therapy will be responsible for managing physicians and clinical scientist assigned to the clinical development team(s). As a key responsibility, the VP-Development- Cell Therapy will supervise the design and implementation of the clinical development strategy and plan for the Cell Therapy portfolio, including the strategic positioning of individual assets, the effective allocation of development resources, and the timely and successful execution of clinical trials.
This role of VP-Development - Cell Therapy requires an experienced, cross-matrix senior leader capable of implementing and executing an integrated clinical strategy in support of the successful clinical development, regulatory filing and initial market launch of a growing portfolio of innovative and transformational Cell Therapy agents
• Responsible for the end-to-end clinical development of the Cell Therapy portfolio from First Time In Human (FTIH) clinical trials through Proof-of-Concept (POC) studies, and pivotal trials to regulatory approval and initial market launch
• Responsible for providing medical guidance for pre-clinical research activities from drug candidate Selection through to POC.
• Responsible for building and maintenance of effective business partnerships within GSK Oncology R &D and with external partners and collaborators.
• To lead intra- and inter-departmental teams, matrix-manage a cross-functional teams
- Medical Degree with qualifications in a related medical specialty
- At least 5 years clinical development experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in early and late phase drug development and translational medicine
- Demonstrated track record of successfully developing and executing Clinical Development Plans
- Experience in the successful filing, approval and initial launch of a novel therapy is a plus
- Experience with clinical and translational investigation of Cell Therapy modifiers is an advantage
• Scientific expertise in experimental Oncology with an emphasis on Cell Therapy or related fields of research
• Ability to develop a competitive, long-term strategic vision for the Cell Therapy portfolio
• Track record in the planning and execution of early and late-stage clinical Oncology projects
• Experience in integrating translational research activities into first-time-in-human (FTIH) trials to establish clinical proof-of-concept
• Experience in working with regulatory agencies and ability to provide clinical leadership for the filing of INDs and NDAs
• Experience in managing the interface between R&D and Commercial Oncology business units
• Experience in working with external scientific experts and clinical key-opinion-leaders to position clinical development programs in a highly competitive business environment
Key personal requirements include
• Expertise in planning and executing risk-adjusted clinical development programs with high agility and accuracy. Experience in managing and motivating multi-functional project teams
• Managerial expertise in establishing clear accountability, alignment and connectivity within clinical development teams
• Strong motivation to advance Cell Therapy R&D in order to establish an industry leadership position
• Desire to work collaboratively within the Oncology organization to identify transformational clinical development opportunities
- Medical degree with subspecialty qualifications in Oncology
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top