ViiV Territory Account Manager (San Francisco, CA)
- San Francisco, CA
Site Name: USA - California - San Jose, USA - California - San Jose North, USA - California - San Jose South, USA - California - San Francisco
Posted Date: Sep 3 2020
ViiV Healthcare Employees receive 100% of GSK"s Total Rewards and Benefits.
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn't just somewhere to work - it's a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV Healthcare was created as a joint venture by Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline in November 2009 with both companies transferring their HIV assets to the new company. In 2012 Shionogijoined the company. 76.5% of the company is now owned by GlaxoSmithKline, 13.5% by Pfizer and 10% by Shionogi.
As the ViiV Territory Account Manager you will provide a dedicated focus within ViiV- HIV Accounts including:
- Targeted Healthcare Providers
- Various Institutional Accounts
- ID Training Hospitals
- The VA system
- AIDS Service Organizations
- High volume HIV Pharmacies
You will accomplish this by:
- Building Relationships: Working with multiple stakeholders within the ViiV Healthcare organization and external customers
- Influencing: Facilitating the execution of business plans that impact multiple accounts and gaining buy-in on responsibilities
- Communication: Strong written, oral, & presentation skills
- Teamwork-Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Business Acumen: Diagnose, Plan, Execute, and Evaluate
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Coordinating and executing ViiV Healthcare promotional educational programs
- Establishing internal and external relationships with the goal of developing opportunities for ViiV Healthcare products
- Interacting with Key Decision Makers to understand the total account, such as clinical, organizational, and financial issues, challenges and opportunities
- Developing tactics that are aligned to the short, medium, and long term strategic goals and values of ViiV Healthcare through deployment of organizational resources to provide appropriate product and services solutions
- Ensuring maximization of opportunities in accounts that will deliver customer value and growth in sales of ViiV Healthcare products
- Understanding key compliance and regulatory guidelines and boundaries for promoting within labeling (FDA guidelines and indications)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of pharmaceutical account management or specialty pharmaceutical sales experienceOR 2 years of HIV experience working in an AIDS Service organization, HIV Specialty Pharmacy, HIV Case Manager or HIV Medical Case Manager or HIV Providers Office or other HIV service provider or governmental relationships which service HIV/AIDS related causes
- Valid Driver's license
- Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle driving is an essential function of this role
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel up to 50%
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 2 years pharmaceutical account management experience in HIV
- 4 years of direct experience working in an HIV patient care or HIV affiliated ancillary HIV care setting
Why ViiV Healthcare?
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top