ViiV Payer Medical Science Liaison
Site Name: Home Worker - USA
Posted Date: May 15 2020
- Serve as the first-line ViiV medical point of contact for high priority, sophisticated customer base - Health Systems/Integrated Delivery Networks, national and federal US Population-Based Decision Makers (i.e. Health Plans, PBMs, GPOs, Specialty Pharmacies. Department of Defense (DoD), Veterans Administration (VA), Indian Health Service (HIS).
- Engage in credible and transparent scientific information exchange to build stronger, trusting relationships.
- Develop and execute a Scientific Account Plan for each priority account: gain and maintain a high level of understanding of customer population-management strategies, priorities, challenges, and evidence needs; identify opportunities for medical engagement and outline account-specific strategic goals.
- Deliver affirmative presentations to HCPs and formulary decision makers within the scope allowed by the MSL Practice Policy.
- Respond to unsolicited requests from assigned US PBDMs (off-label and on-label) for scientific and health outcomes information. This includes requests for information on VIIV HEALTHCARE brands, treatment guidelines, population-management strategies, reimbursement and benefit design strategies, quality measures, adherence, etc. Maintain and respond to standing requests for medical information.
- Deliver scientific / pipeline presentations to formulary committees and HCPs per documented unsolicited request
- Collect medical Voice of the Customer (mVOC) feedback from US PBDMs VIIV HEALTHCARE products, studies, or research plans in a manner consistent with VIIV HEALTHCARE Principles for Scientific Engagement and the US Medical AffairsPractice Policy.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the US Healthcare Environment (Healthcare Reform, Quality, Population Health priorities, the evolving HIT landscape EHR, CER, Patient-centered research) and how changes are impacting PBDMs and VIIV HEALTHCARE research needs.
- Serve as an external national scientific resource and work on partnership opportunities that pairs key external stakeholder needs with available VIIV HEALTHCARE resources (Medical Affairs, R&D, Commercial, etc).
- Engage a defined set of customers, when appropriate, in discussions related to collaborative research up to developing and submitting a concept for review and approval, and may include participation on the study team, including potential authorship based on established VIIV HEALTHCARE policies.
- Work closely with the commercial Account Management (AM) teams to identify and appropriately engage appropriate medical influencers/decision makers within each account.
- Partner effectively with Field Medical Matrix partners (MSLs) and internal R&D experts to meet PBDMs need for specialized or deep therapeutic area, product, or other scientific expertise.
- Understand the strategy and the influences of the Accounts (payers, IDN, Health Systems, channel customers, Public Health, DoD) on the regional accounts/markets through both internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Internal strategic connection to USHO research teams and USMA TA groups to support priority medicines; includes input into collaborative research strategy/areas of interest and UMAP plan integration responsibilities. Build and maintain product, disease state, and payer/provider environment and reimbursement expertise as required by scope of TA responsibility (General Pharma or Specialty)
The successful candidate possesses, or is willing to acquire, the skills to engage in scientific dialogue that includes clinical, scientific, value, real world evidence, quality strategies, and outcomes data with external experts, population-based decision makers, and other health care professionals.
Education: Pharm D, PhD, or M.D. with an active US License
Area of Specialization: Payer or Health System, Health Outcomes, Pharmacoeconomics, Epidemiology, Health Policy, Health Services Research, Pharmacy, Public Health, Health Administration
- 3-5 years working with US Payer or Institutional customers in a field-based medical role - preferably national or large payers and/or health systems;
- 3-5 years extensive and relevant scientific experience in a HIV or a managed care setting;
- Experience and knowledge of government and private US Payer relationships and direct experience in a payer environment is strongly desired;
- Residency and/or post-doctoral training in a pharmaceutical industry/health system/payer settingis preferred
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience conducting research projects in a collaborative fashion with US PBDMs
- Proven ability to work independently with time management skills to effectively manage field-based responsibilities; Proven ability to work across a commercial and medical matrix team.
- Strong communication and strategic skills; demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for medical engagement and develop a set of strategic scientific engagement goals.
- Clear understanding of observational research methodologies and a demonstrated ability to translate real-world evidence, CER, and other observational research studies (including models) in an effective credible manner. Able to independently evaluate the scientific literature regarding observational research and health economics and health policy.
- Experience operating in a highly dynamic, changing environment
- Ability to maintain a command of a large amount of scientific information across multiple therapeutic areas and show effective written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong trusted relationships, with key decision makers.
- Demonstrated customer-focus, problem solving abilities and strong conflict resolution skills
- Experience influencing internal research teams and communicating PBDM priorities and needs
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. AsViiV focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top