Value Evidence Leader, Oncology (BCMA)
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Jan 16 2020
Are you looking for an ambitious and challenging role that is critical to shaping solid evidence generation across the Oncology therapy area? If so, this could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
We are seeking a Senior Director Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) for our Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) Oncology Team. In this role you will be the Value Evidence Lead for BCMA and be responsible for leading strategy and will include leading direct reports.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
• Lead the Integrated Evidence Team (IET) accountable for ensuring scientifically robust evidence generation activities are integrated into the development programme. This sub team includes representatives from Local Operating Company (LOC) health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs, market access, and other relevant stakeholders.
• Influence the medicine strategy for each medicine through membership on matrix teams and through interactions with senior leaders within the oncology therapeutic area
• Lead the strategy for evidence generation conducted centrally and/ or in key LOCs.
• Manage the needs of medicine programmes from candidate selection to post-launch and life cycle management, showing an ability to handle competing priorities, address issues of multiple complexity and deliver to challenging timelines.
• Develop disease area level materials / tools In early development, refining these into medicine specific materials in preparation for governance decisions.
• Deliver HEOR evidence as defined in the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) to include patient focused outcomes strategy, economic modelling, real world evidence, indirect comparisons, etc, from early discovery through life cycle management.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's Degree or higher in a relevant discipline
- Experience in HEOR or an aligned discipline/function
- Pharmaceutical experience that includes successful reimbursement submissions in key markets
- Drug development and launch experience
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to deliver an integrated evidence generation plan
- Global / above country experience
- Recent oncology experience
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top