Value Evidence ( Health Economics and Outcomes) Director, Specialty
- Stevenage, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Apr 9 2020
The VEO Director will be responsible for the process of planning, generating and delivering health outcomes and economic evidence across the different stages of drug development to demonstrate the value of our medicines to payers, regulators, healthcare providers, and patients. The global Value Evidence Director will sit in the VEO group, reporting to the Value Evidence Leader, and support specific assets in the Specialty area within development or research as directed.
Speciality medicine is a growth driver for GSK and an exciting, high value portfolio is progressing across all stages of research and development. This portfolio includes the marketed medicine, Benlysta for systemic lupus erythematosus, the first medicine for this condition in more than 50years that remains a true innovation given the failure of competitor drugs to show efficacy in this disease. The later stage portfolio includes assets across a broad range of diseases, including: rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, anaemia associated with chronic kidney disease, infections associated with uncomplicated urinary tract disease and gonorrhoea.
VEO directors are critical to assessing the value evidence requirements of our launched and pipeline assets through stakeholder insights and implementing tactics to address these. The successful candidate will work closely with asset teams to address strategic questions. For example, what is the level of unmet need, how do our assets address this versus competitors, what is the key evidence required to address market access challenges at launch and beyond?
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- VEO input into the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) in select pipeline assets/indications
- VEO Projects supporting the IEP, bringing required technical knowledge and ensuring high quality of deliverables
- Specific sub-teams, projects, or external collaborations as identified through interactions with VET (Value Evidence Team) including health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs and potentially lead the VET.
- Transparency of evidence generation activities within the Franchise markets to the IET.
- At direction of Head, TA lead or Sr. Director, VEL, support external collaborations and scientific evidence requirements with reimbursement bodies and decision makers (e.g. formal scientific advice).
- The role(s) will involve working closely with many stakeholders including Early/Medicine Development Leaders, Global Commercial Leads, Physician Leads, RWE and Epidemiology, Patient Focussed Outcomes, Patients in Partnership team, Market Access, Clinical Scientists etc. Areas for partnership will include
- Clinical trial design in alignment with stakeholder insights and the IEP.
- Working with LOC colleagues to ensure local evidence generation needs are met in line with the medicine strategy
- Working with commercial, market access and patients in partnership and other colleagues to gain insights into evidence generation requirements
- Working with teams to drive the medicine strategy and prepare for internal governance reviews
- Key evidence supporting internal governance reviews and reimbursement submissions
- The Value Evidence and Outcomes specific activities as defined in the IEP (Patient Reported Outcomes strategy, economic modelling, real world evidence, indirect comparisons, etc) ensuring the scientific robustness of the study protocol, study execution, analyses, and reporting.
- Impactful publications
- The Value Evidence and Outcomes materials to inform internal governance decision making or support Franchise LOCs' reimbursement activities depending on stage of development.
- Value Evidence and Outcomes input to regulatory documents with accuracy and scientific integrity.
- Compliance with necessary regulations for quality and disclosure.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Masters degree or higher in Health outcomes, patient reported outcomes, health economics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences.
- Significant experience in health outcomes or an aligned discipline/function
- Pharmaceutical experience that includes: Drug development and/or and launch experience in support of value evidence generation
- Leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Self-motivated ownership and accountability for projects, move them forward, and deliver with minimal supervision
- Strong technical knowledge in key areas including economic modelling and observational studies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking strategically and tactically
- Role requires the incumbent to have the credibility to bring a depth and breadth of experience to address external environmental challenges and develop value evidence generation strategies that will meet decision makers needs
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Doctorate level (e.g. PhD, Pharm D) or higher level degree with commensurate industry and business qualification
- Experience in Respiratory desirable by not mandatory
- Global R&D and/or LOC experience
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top