Vaccines Senior Manager, Global Regulatory Affairs
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Nov 18 2020
Are you a subject matter expert in technical / CMC and procedural aspects of Global Regulatory Affairs, driven to provide in-depth input into asset specific regulatory strategy on a global scale for clinical/labelling or technical/NC or procedural aspects? Are you driven to provide robust regulatory advice and plans to various project teams and advisory bodies, while ensuring the business needs are in compliance with regulations and/or regulatory advice received from the agencies? If so, this Vaccines Senior Manager of Global Regulatory Affairs role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Provide support to the Global Regulatory Lead (GRL) to drive / manage regulatory activities for a project / project within the vaccines team in order to obtain Marketing Authorisation(s) as rapidly as possible, with the best possible label, and to maintain these authorisations.
- Provide input into the content or lead preparation/authoring of relevant technical / CMC project/product specific documents submitted to regulatory agencies worldwide (e.g., MAA/BLA, variations/sBLA, Q&A, scientific consultations, Prior Approval Supplements, etc.) and ensure that these documents meet high scientific standards, regulatory requirements, and project goals.
- Ensure the tracking, delivery and approval of submissions to regulatory agencies worldwide required to establish and maintain Marketing Authorizations, ensuring routine submissions (Annual Reports) and commitments are delivered on time, and strategic submissions are completed in line with project plans.
- Support the Global Regulatory Lead in providing robust regulatory advice and submission plans to the various project teams and advisory bodies to ensure that the project plan is in compliance with global guidance documents, local regulations, and/or regulatory advice received from the agencies.
- Provide support to the Global Regulatory Lead (GRL) for key regulatory activities pertaining to a project/product, working with internal stakeholders and project, platform, and functional teams to provide support for technical/CMC and procedural aspects of a given project, ensuring alignment.
- Participate in complex project/product-related technical discussions and provide in-depth strategic, scientific and RA input for technical/CMC and procedural aspects of a given project within GRA meetings.
- Participate in platform, project/product, and/or region related discussions as a subject-matter expert regarding technical / CMC and procedural aspects of the project.
- Facilitate and deliver the regulatory strategy to support technical/CMC and procedural aspects of the product lifecycle, ensuring regulatory commitments and routine submissions are tracked and delivered on time.
- Provide input into or lead preparation/authoring of technical / CMC strategy documents (including Key Message Summaries) and/or submissions in collaboration with responsible functional areas, ensuring deliverables are tracked, reviewed, and approved in line with GSK procedures.
- Compile/write high quality project/product specific submissions, in line with the regulatory strategy to obtain and maintain regulatory approval world-wide, ensuring that those documents meet regulatory requirements (procedural and technical) in each region, and are aligned with global strategy.
- Provide input to Vaccines Development Plans in order to optimise the label and secure proper alignment of technical / CMC strategy and use of appropriate regulatory procedures to secure the optimum timelines.
- In collaboration with the relevant RA functions, as appropriate, escalate gaps in resources to ensure the execution of the agreed RA plan to the GRL, within the remits of his/her responsibility
- Awareness of global regulatory guidelines and their impact on regulatory strategy for the particular asset(s), including those for biologics supply.
- Develop and motivate collaborators (within RA team) to achieve quality output, accountability and recognition across the organization and towards the regulatory authorities.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advanced Scientific Degree
- Specialist, Global Regulatory Affairs: 4+ years significant experience in regulatory affairs, or appropriate relevant experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD or PharmD
- Broad knowledge is required and covers scientific as well as regulatory expertise.
- Previous experience in the development of biological products, preferably vaccines, and obtaining and maintaining licenses in different geographical areas is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and execute regulatory strategy for a given project/product (as development path)
- Strategic thinker - ability to provide input into regulatory strategy and evaluate potential impact on overall project/product strategy (as development path)
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to the GRL and to propose mitigation strategies, maximise opportunities, with proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and have high impact and influence (as development path)
- Good presentation skills to ensure that GSK Vaccines regulatory voice is clearly articulated and heard in the various cross functional teams (as development path)
- Support the Global Regulatory Lead to ensure regulatory input is provided to other GSK divisions or to regulatory agencies, as appropriate.
- Good influencing skills.
- Culturally aware.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments and teams in the delivery of outputs in a timely manner
- Experience in the use of document management systems and project tracking (i.e., Regulatory Information Management systems) required.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top