UX/UI Designer - Digital Development
- London, United Kingdom
Site Name: GSK House
Posted Date: Feb 20 2020
UX/UI Designer - Digital Development
Who we're looking for...
You're a proven expert in Product Design and you're passionate about research, UX and stunningly beautiful UI design. You thrive on making a meaningful impact to the business and customers. You genuinely care and enjoy helping your users, whilst balancing their needs with the business needs. You're in the pursuit of producing tangible outcomes but also have an incredible eye for detail and beauty to exceed and delight our customers. You have excellent interpersonal skills/EQ, you are a low ego learner and teacher. You pride yourself on your ability to collaborate closely with the whole team, not just product design.
The User Experience & Design Lead will support across all digital products in portfolio being managed under the banner of Digital Development.
They will be responsible for the management and delivery of all UX and design activity.
The User Experience & Design Lead will actively seek to understand the customer, and their journeys online/offline and is accountable for ensuring the portfolio of products are optimised to meet customer needs.
The role holder will work proactively with the Product teams to drive a deliver and embed a consistent design language and ensure the experience across our digital platforms is best in class.
Create and lead processes for gathering customer feedback and iterating prototypes.
- Great experience leading design teams working on digital experiences, experience design for mobile and web experiences and an amazing portfolio featuring examples of your/your previous teams' product design work.
- Experienced in establishing an eﬃcient design process including keeping track of versions and building out that single source of truth.
- Expertise in delivering your own design thinking & design ideation workshops.
- Proven experience of leading and mentoring of UX teams that have delivered exceptional product experiences, including:
- Setting standards for conducting user testing
- Working with your Product Management counterparts to prototype ideas, test quickly and cheaply and release regularly.
- Experience of operating in a regulated industry of which at least 12 months experience should be in the healthcare sector (biotech, medtech or pharmaceutical industry).
- A strong communicator and good listener, able to present ideas coherently leading to achieving a consensus, even where stakeholders are from a diverse range of business areas.
- A global mindset is essential to work at GSK and knowledge/experience with how digital products need to vary across markets while supporting the need for us to remain a scalable business.
- Solid experience leading teams in truly agile environments - releasing new product increments regularly, testing and reiterating.
- Extensive experience working with Product Management counterparts to understand the business and lead your team to research, design and test the best possible solutions to its challenges.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB Saturday 15th February 2020 to ensure you're in the running! (Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top